What’s your New Year’s Resolution? Are you off on the right foot for 2015? Have you written down your goals? What will you do differently this year compared to last? What motivates you every day? These are just a few questions you may ask someone else and questions you should be asking yourself to set the tone for the fresh start of a new year.
Here are some suggestions and ideas to help you get started going into the New Year:
- Create a list of goals for the year. Write your goal down and place it somewhere visible to remind yourself each day of what you are working towards. It should be something you want to see yourself achieve along with a plan to help you reach the goal.
- Tidy Up. Give the house a deep clean. Who said you had to wait for spring cleaning to arrive? Clean out the closet and bag up the unwanted items to sell or donate. Clear out the fridge and medicine cabinet for all expired items. I don’t know about you, but having a clean house makes everything feel so much better. Plus, it will make you feel organized!
- Establish a Health Plan. Everyone knows how packed the gym gets at the beginning of the year because it’s a majority of the population’s New Year’s resolution: get in shape, lose weight, and be healthy. It’s never too late. Establish your own goal weight, create a workout regimen, and change up your diet. It takes a lot of dedication of discipline, but if you set your mind to it, you can do it! Believe in yourself and stick to your goal.
- De-Clutter. Clean your desk /office.Discard any unnecessary items to clear up some space. What better way to be productive in the first month of the year by allowing your workspace to be fresh and clean.
- Perform Random Acts of Kindness. Have you ever paid it forward? An act of gratitude can go a long way. It can be as simple as paying for someone’s coffee in the Starbucks drive-thru. Try it! You could really brighten up someone’s day.
Hopefully some of these tips can give you the momentum to a successful and productive year. Do you have any productive tips to start the year so it runs smoothly? Feel free to comment and share those with us!